My Shopping List
Thai Grilled Pizza
Courtesy of National Turkey Federation
Serve With:Servings: 4
Your favorite cold beverage
Fresh seasonal fruit or vegetables
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1/4 c. fresh lime juice pulp
+ 2 Tbsp. green onions, minced
+ 1 Tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
+ 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
+ 1/2 tsp. grated lime zest
+ 2 cloves garlic, minced
+ 10 oz. tube refrigerated pizza dough
+ 1 med. carrot, cut into 2 x 1/8 inch match sticks
+ 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, grated
+ 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
+ 1 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger root
+ 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
+ 2 c. grilled or cooked turkey, shredded
+ 1/2 c. sliced green onions
+ 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
+ 1 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
+ as needed olive oil
What to do:
1. Prepare grill for indirect-heat cooking.
2. Combine lime juice, soy sauce, onion, 1 Tbsp. minced cilantro, peanut butter, oil, brown sugar, ginger, lime zest, red pepper flakes and garlic in a stockpot. Stir in shredded turkey. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Unroll pizza dough and pat into a rectangle, approximately 10 x 13 inches. Cut dough into 4 equal pieces.
4. Reduce grill heat to low. Brush grill rack with olive oil. Using the indirect grilling method, slide pizza crusts on grill and cook until golden, about 3 to 4 min. until dough is puffy and lightly browned.
5. Turn pizza crusts over. Top browned side of pizza crusts with heated turkey mixture. Sprinkle with green onions, carrot sticks and 1/4 c. chopped cilantro. Sprinkle pizzas with cheese.
6. Cover with grill lid or tent with foil. Heat pizzas about 5 min. or until crusts are cooked on bottom, cheese melts and pizzas are hot.